" Like a swarm of ants, a roaming pack of Pokeys can devour a grown cow in less than five minutes. "
Pokey is the first monster available in Backyard Monsters. It is the only Overworld monster that a player doesn't need to unlock in the Monster Locker, because it is already available from the moment you start playing. They are often used in attacks called Pokey Bombs.
Pokeys are also used for feeding level 1 and 2 Drull.
|Movement speed||1.20 kph||1.20 kph||1.20 kph||1.20 kph||1.20 kph||1.20 kph|
|Goo cost (Map Room 3)||750||1,350||2,025||2,400||3,000||3,750|
|Housing space||10 Spaces||10 Spaces||10 Spaces||9 Spaces||8 Spaces||7 Spaces|
|Production time (Map Room 3)||45s||30s||24s||21s||18s||15s|
|Upgrade cost (putty)||-||4,000||8,000||12,000||16,000||22,000|
|Attack to housing ratio||6||6.5||7||8.34||10||12.1|
|Health to housing ratio||20||22||24||28.9||35||42.9|
Bugs and Glitches
- A fully filled Monster Bunker can still be filled with a Pokey which is Level 4-6.
- If your computer is lagging and attacked with some pokey,one of the pokey will penetrate through the a wall even the wall is not completely destroyed.
- If you are using Internet Explorer 6, your Pokeys, when deployed, will die for no reason.
- Pokey is featured in the minigame: Attack of the Pokies
- In the Beta days of Backyard Monsters, Pokeys were known as Pinky, and their name before that was Pinkus, and before Pinkus was their name, they were called Heaphy.
- Pokey is the only monster whose housing requirement changes in some stages of its upgrades.
- Pokey's official art used to be blue, but now it's red/pink.
- Pokey is already unlocked in the Monster Locker for you.
- You get 20 pokeys the first time you attack and you are told to use at least 15, although you could just use 1 single pokey.
- Pokey means "dull and slow".
- Best used in groups.
- Pokeys can easily overwhelm a Drull if there are enough.
- Pokeys housing cost goes down the further it is levelled up, allowing for more massive swarms with same ammount of housing Capacity
- Pokeys are required to feed Drull for the first few levels
Moved to Pokey/tips
Locker Level 1 Monsters
Pokey • Octo-ooze • Bolt • Fink
Locker Level 2 Monsters
Ichi • Eye-ra • Bandito • Fang • Vorg
Locker Level 3 Monsters
Brain • Slimeattikus • Crabatron • Project X • Zafreeti
Locker Level 4 Monsters
Teratorn • Wormzer • D.A.V.E.