When you start, the game gives you a fair amount of Resources, help, Quests and buildings. This includes a Town Hall, a General Store, a Sniper Tower, a Hatchery, a Monster Housing, the ability to get Pokeys, Harvesters and 1000 Shiny to speed up construction time - so your base will be well-defended after seven days .
NOTE: THIS GUIDE IS FOR FIRST-TIME BEGINNER PLAYERS AND IS NOT A GUIDE FOR HIGH-LEVEL PLAYERS.
Do not waste your Shiny on decor or Speed-Ups, as it is a waste of important Shiny. Instead, concentrate on buying things only buyable through Shiny, such as Packing Skills and Yard Expansions.
By the end of your seven-day protection you should have a level 4 Town Hall with:
- A Map Room
- A level 1 Flinger
- Four level 3 Sniper Towers
- Four level 3 Cannon Towers
- Four of each Harvester, all at level 4 or higher
- Three Storage Silos at level 5 (there is an option of 4th Storage Silo at any level)
- Two Housing at level 2
- A Monster Locker at level 2
- 3 Hatcheries (it doesn't matter if they're level 1 or 2)
- 120 Blocks
- Some Booby Traps
- A Monster Academy at level 1
- 2 or 3 workers (preferably 3)
If you're a Shiny maniac, buy some extra workers so you can have more buildings upgrading at the same time. It is not recommended to waste your Shiny though. After getting all these, get your Champion Cage as soon as possible.
See also: Strategy for Starters