Farming is a technique that focuses on attacking tribes or players to get resources. This technique is very common and is often used on the Kozu tribe for their 500+ thousand resources per silo (Map Room L2). This is also used to farm players with bad yards. It may also help from looting.
Level 1 Map roomEdit
If you are in the level 1 Map Room, attack Kozu as many times as you want, until you get to the point when you destroy its Town Hall again, it will disappear from your map.
How do you know when it will disappear? Well, here are a few ways you can foretell this:
1.The Tribe reaches level 8 Town Hall
2.ALL of the blocks are gold
3.It is far higher than your level
4.Each of its Silos give roughly 300k and each Harvester around 750k
If you see the above, don't destroy its Town Hall again, or it will disappear from your map.
If the Kozu Tribe disappears, upgrade your Map Room to level 2. Then the Kozu Tribe will return.
Prepare the following:
35-40 Ichis (Recommended Amount: 85)
60 Pokeys (Recommended Amount: 80+)
Level 4+ Champion
Be prepared to attack multiple times.
On the first attack, try to target one set of towers (like the cluster of Snipers on the right) to send your monsters to. Fling in all of your Ichis at that spot. If you have a Fomor, send it in too. If your Ichis take down all of the towers, you have succeeded. If they die, simply return home, make approximately the same number, then attack again.
When all the towers (at least all of the Laser and Cannon Towers) are gone, send in your Champion and Pokeys (send in multiple waves to prevent booby trap damage). To minimize damage, in places where pathing is obvious, only send in 1-2 Pokeys to take them out. If you have any Tesla/Sniper Towers left, send in some 20 Pokeys and your Champion to take them out.
Wait for your monsters to finish looting. If they start destroying the town hall, press "End attack". It is bad to lose your monsters, but it is better than losing Kozu.
How to Farm click
Don't have Ichis still or can't afford so many? click
Looking for an advanced guide? click
Attacking with World MapEdit
It is much easier farming in World Map, as they somehow become weaker and also because you can destroy its Town Hall as many times as you want.
- Attacking from any position is okay. A good place to drop your monsters is the right, where there is a Sniper, a Silo and a Housing.
- Never take over Kozus, as they give you resources. Tell your friends, alliance members, and other players about this if they are taking over your Kozus.
- If their health bars indicate that they are destroyed, they may not be. If you are not sure, view them. If they are genuinely destroyed, do not attack! If you do, you will get nothing, and the Kozu will not recover for another 24 hours (otherwise it would be shorter).
There are numerous good farming guides on the web.
Example of a good guide: click
If you wish to use a very small amount of Goo without hurting your champion, then try hatching 10 Pokeys and 10 Octo-oozes. This is a cheap way to get about 1 million of each resource (except Goo, which is 500k). This is a very cheap and quick strategy, taking only around 3 minutes. Flinging in a Champion is optional. Follow these steps:
- Prepare 10 Pokeys and 10 Octo-oozes.
- Search for a level 33+ Kozu base to attack.
- Fling 5 Octo-oozes near the Tesla to distract it.
- Fling in 5 Pokeys near the Silo.
- Fling in 5 Octo-oozes to distract the Cannon Tower near the Silo.
- Fling in 5 Pokeys to loot the Silo.
You should only farm players that:
- Have been either defeated by you or your alliance completely and did not recycle their Map Room or quitted
- Have exploitable defenses in their yard
- Have really bad attacking strategies
- Have no alliances or have a 1-person alliance
- Doesn't use his Backyard Monsters account anymore
Otherwise you should not farm players, because they will attack you back and you need to make sure that when they do you will be able to counter it.
It is good to farm OPs, but not all OPs have great rescources. Some OPs can have a loot like Legionnaire's. You know what I mean. Others have high goo but really low rescources, some had like Kozu's, others have more like 10M of each resource and 5M goo. Here are some tips on attacking:
1. If saving goo, fill ur housings with Octo-oozes, to destroy all defensive towers. You can also use Ichi, or a few Crabatrons, but make sure your target is Kozu tribe, normal OPs, Regular Kitted OPs, and OPs with level 1-4 towers, or weak towers. Use Fomor (or any champion you want that can quickly destroy OPs and tribes).
2. If you have a lot of goo, and great strategies, do it.
3. If you have Krallen and Fomor on your cage, you can use them without any monsters helping, if the target is an OP while it's still building the towers and the harvesters are finished (p.s. I meant is builded by a kit). An OP with an Ultra Kit OP while it's still building all towers, you have a great chance to get LOTS of rescources.
4. Make sure that all Bunkers have no monsters (if the OP has a Bunker). If it has, catapult it, till it is damaged (you know, DAMAGED, which it can't send the monsters out anymore), or just attack it with Balthazars, or any strong monsters you have.
5. If you want to take over the OP, and it has D.A.V.E.s in the Housings, or any strong monsters, try not to destroy it, cuz you will have it for free.